HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Clothing ? for first time elk hunter
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 03:54 PM
ElkNutz
Typical Buck

Default RE: Clothing ? for first time elk hunter

Funny you should bring this up! I have literally been thru about everything from Columbia wool to all sorts of Goretex crap that makes you colder as it won't let the sweat out.

I have been seeing this ad for this 9 piece layer system on the back of my Fur, Fish, and Game magazines every month. I did some research and no one knew much about them. I was a bit skeptical, It seemed like a great deal for quality gear. I read thru the testamonials and everyone had great things to say about it. I ended up ordering a set for both my Dad and I. I was able to find it cheaper on clearance thru Sierra Trading Post. Then this place, but, they have the info on it. Plus, Since it was only up in Cheyenne. I figured I would give it a try, If it was CRAP! I could always return it.

http://www.outheresmartwear.com/sportsmanseries.html

Let me tell you... It was all I could have expected and more! Infact I am wearing the long johns around the house. They are every bit as good or better then "Under Armour" but have long cuffs with thumb holes to hold the sleeves down. The fleece pull overs are very comfortable. The jacket and pants are almost like a rain suit with mesh inside and PLENTY of pockets. I ordered mine in Green because its what they had. I will be soon ordering a camo set for hunting and retire my green set for work.
It is a complete system which means warm, cold, rain, or snow . It's covered. It will be PERFECT on a high country hunting trip like my January bull elk hunt. Plus, it will be handy for Dad when he is getting guys in and out of the mountains or around the ranch this winter.
Trust me when I tell you this. YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER SET UP FOR $600 much less the $200 it is going to cost you!

Here is the Sierra Trading post link...

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,59443_Hycreek-9-Piece-Sportsman's-Suit-Waterproof-For-Men.html

It gets two mega "cold weather... come on... so I can use it" Thumbs up!

If you got any questions let me know I will try to answer them for you.

Now I gotta figure out a way to keep the wife from seeing it or she'll be wearing it!!