HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3rd Annual Michigan Youth Hunt Program
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 12:48 PM
jci63
Fork Horn

Default RE: 3rd Annual Michigan Youth Hunt Program

[align=center]2008 Michigan Youth Hunt Contest Winners
[/align]
This year we did have 5 deer and 2 bear hunts available for the youth. We only had 3 entries for the entire contest. We will keep trying to expand the contest and get our youth involved. Congratulations to all the winners and a special thanks to all the sponsors.

[align=left]Sponsors[/align]
[align=left]Ernie Brosseau / Daylight in the Swamp Taxidermy
231-347-9789 [/align]
[align=left]John Ingersoll / John’s Mobile Marine Service
231-330-0887 [/align]
[align=left]Livingston Gun Club
517-404-1908 (Jeff LaFave) - LIVINGSTON COUNTY[/align]
[align=left]Blue Road Bucks Outfitters
906-852-3650 (Hank) - ONTONAGON/HOUGHTON COUNTY[/align]
[align=left]The Sportsman's Warehouse[/align]
[align=left]JD's Watch Repair
586-731-3526[/align]
[align=left]Michigan Gun Owners[/align]
[align=left]Winner [/align]
[align=left]My name is Patrick. I am 12 years old and I live in Wyandotte, Michigan. I passed my hunter safety class when I was 10 years old and have been hunting many times with my Dad. I got my first squirrel and my first pheasant in 2006. My dad took me black powder deer hunting last year but we didn’t get a shot, still had fun though. I am currently finishing up my Distinguished Expert classification at Trenton Sharpshooters an NRA sponsored B.B gun club.[/align]
[align=left]My favorite kind of shooting is sporting clays at Island Lake. My Dad likes to shoot skeet there but I don’t, it’s too hard. The reason I feel I deserve a hunt is to spend time with my dad to show him how much I learned.[/align]
[align=left]Thank you for considering me for the contest.[/align]
[align=left]Patrick
Wyandotte, MI 48192[/align]
[align=left]Hunt[/align]
[align=left]Hunt Number – 047YDH
County – LIVINGSTON COUNTY
Type of Hunt – Youth Firearm Deer Hunt
Land Type – Private
Age of Hunter – 12-16
Weapon Available – YES
License - Hunters responsibility
Transportation - Hunters responsibility
Food - Hunters responsibility
Lodging – Hunters responsibility
Sponsor – Livingston Gun Club 517-404-1908 (Jeff LaFave) [/align]
[align=left]Winner[/align]
Hi my name is Dakota and i am 14 years old and i would really like the oppertunity to hunt deer. i have been hunting with my dad for the past 2 years but have not been able to get a deer yet, we are planning to go bear hunting in the U.P. next year.

i was lucky enough to go turkey hunting for the first time this last year and i shot a real nice turkey, it is really funny because my dad has not even shot one yet so i am 1 up on him.

I passed my hunter safety class last year and my dad and i shoot guns and bows all the time so i am very safe with guns and bows.
thank you for the chance to get into your contest,
Dakota

Hunt

Hunt Number – 015YDH
County – EMMET COUNTY
Land Type – Private
Age of Hunter – 12-16
Weapon Available – YES
Lodging – Hunters responsibility
Sponsor – John Ingersoll / John’s Mobile Marine Service 231-330-0887

Winner

Hunting means alot to me. Not just because I want to show all theboys that just because i'm a girl I can do just as good as they can. Maybe someday I'll have my own hunting show! Ok you caught me...One reason is that I do want to show the boy's I am as good as they are.

Hunting has been a part of me for almost my whole life. I have been out hunting with my dad sinice I was four years old. My dad bought me my first gun when I was six.

The qulity time I spend with my dad hunting is a lot better than staying home or going out. Manly because it's peacfull out in the woods and it's not crowed and loud. We do go out to eat but carley. Hunting you could say is our family time together. It's not always just us though. Sometimes it's members and us. Well who ever we go with it's always fun.

This year will be extra special to me because it will be my first year rifle hunting. I will be using my actual grandfathers rifle. He past away when my Grandma Winnie was nine. The gun hasn't killed a deer since the year 1957.

In hunter safety we talked about traditions, using my great grandfathers gun will show that hunting is truley a tradition in our family. Most people today dont understand that and dont know what the are missing out on.

Many people dont understand dad when he says hunting is an addiction. When you get out doors and feel that addiction you will know what hunting is all about. I feel that addiction all the time, even at the supper table.

Shannon
BoyneFalls

Hunt

Hunt Number – 024YDH
County – CHARLEVOIX COUNTY
Land Type – Private
Age of Hunter – 12-16
Weapon Available – YES