HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NYS bow hunting license
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Steve863
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NYS bow hunting license

But don't let the facts stop you from ranting about how there are just too many uneducated yahoos out there who we don't want hunting and giving us a bad name. Only problem I see is that I don't know where all these yahoos are and of the ones I do see, they already have hunting licenses. The only people who don't are the working middle class who don't have two weekends to waste taking an idiot class and who never grew up deerhunting.
Well, if they didn't grow up anywhere near deer this is even more reason they should learn a few things about them before they go out trying to shoot one. I know plenty of people who own guns and shoot them. Does this make them ready to go deer hunting? NOPE! Way more to the modern sport hunting than knowing how to shoot a gun. In all honesty some of these people who want to come along with you to hunt know JACK about it other than what you might tell them. I think some instruction from someone professionally trained is the better route. And yes, there was a time when one didn't need to take a course to get a hunting license, but hunting accidents have decreased dramatically since courses have become mandatory. So say what you want, but it has been proven that it's beneficial.