HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you just have to shoot a young buck.....
Old 09-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Planter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you just have to shoot a young buck.....

Still not clear to me why a doe fawn deserves to live more than it's mother. The fact isthat if your concerned about low numbers of deer in your area you should be shooting young doeof the year deer. Momma has a better chance of making thru the winter and will probably be succesful raising another crop next year.

I LOVE the taste of young deer!! like milk fed vealIt cost me a fortune having four deer butchered last season only to give away %90 so a small deer is just perfect for me to butcher.

Just shoot what you want to. As long as it's legal the choice is yours
It has gotten to the point where you don't even want to enter a small deer in the contest. Rock on boys and girl and remember we are on the same team!!Heck!!! we got guys who have never even shot a deer convinced that they need to wait for at least a 120 class buck.

If you should be shot for shooting a spike I guess you should be flogged if you shoot anything less than a mature deer. Whats the punishment for shooting a fork horn.