HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you just have to shoot a young buck.....
Old 09-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If you just have to shoot a young buck.....

I am neither proud nor ashamed of the fact that I will take them.
That's a bunch of BS!! Whether Its one less mouth to feed or not you should be damn proud of anything that you shoot!!!!!! If I would of told my dad the same thing you just said when I was younger he would of kicked my little ass and said son you need to re think what hunting Is about kid. He always said If your not proud of what you shoot, you have no business In taking that animal. Your not hunting If your not proud of what you have In some way, your just killing and there's a hell of allot more to it then just killing.

Every year i find dead fawns with slug holes right through the lungs when I'm shed hunting or pheasant hunting on state land, neighbors land, other people's land and It pisses me right off. They walked up to that deer and said, ****, Its a fawn and walked away! Makes me sick.

Your probably more proud then I'm giving you credit for Jeff and If so I apologize but this kind of stuff ticks me off when I here people say it.