HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you just have to shoot a young buck.....
Old 09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If you just have to shoot a young buck.....

well ya your right. i just meant that i am not going to shoot a spike because it would hurt my team and the fact i see no reason to atleast in the early season just as good if not better meat from a doe.
ORIGINAL: cooter144

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

lol though i did not read pass page one i think i know what everyone is saying. I still have not got a deer this is my fifth year.
Due to the fact i am in the bow contest i will not shoot a small buck. I hunt for meat. nothing else. but i will not shoot a small buck say less then 100 to 120 unless it is a old deer. Now the fact i am in the contest means i will hold out for a monster the 12 point i have been watching will do. Now if the end of dec hits and i am deerless. if it is brown and does not have spots it is down. But that will not come up untill say dec 20th
It's up to you but I don't think any contest should in any way effect the way that you hunt.

Shoot what makes you happy.

Plus...shooting any sized buck will help your team.

But if you want to hold out for the big 12...do it for yourself...not because of the contest.