HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Kansas Hunters getting screwed
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Trebarker

Default RE: Kansas Hunters getting screwed

No apologies needed for saying what you feel and believe in, thats exactly what you are supposed to do in a forum.

Statewide any deer permits, yes thats what you get when you buy a Resident OC Bow tag, but how many bowhunters actually hunt mulies? I would be willing to bet a small group, VERY FEW. I have never flung an arrow at a mulie in my 15 yrs, I can only think of one of my friends that actually hunts mulies, and he goes to the mountains for them. Dave I do hear your complaint and desire, dont think I am arguing. Part of the reason KBA and a majority of its members are against t-tags and fought against them trying to start archery t-tags was because it would grant access to the mulies to NR hunters. We felt the mule deer population could not handle that added pressure AND, read this real close, we felt resident rifle hunters should be given more of an opportunity to hunt mulies before they allowed the NR access.

We will have to agree to disagree on several things I guess, but I am not an enemy.

Randy