HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - timed photos made easier (pics)
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 10:54 AM
bloodcrick
Giant Nontypical

Default timed photos made easier (pics)

If your like me, it seems everytime i harvest game its in the middle of the week. So getting someone to help with pics is not always an option. My wife works part time and is not always home or the kids are in school and my friends are working during the week. I have had to set up my camera in the crotch of trees, on fallen logs, drag in a tri podor what ever is avaliable and its always a pain trying to get everything in the frame with out the camera falling off or moving. I recently had an idea for a portable stick to mount the camera on for timed photos. I used a couple of broken carbon express terminator 350's and a section of an aluminum 2117 to make the stick. It has elastic shock cord inside like a tent pole to keep the pieces together and can be folded up. One end has the insert and a feild point to stick in the ground. The other end has a section off a 1/4"-20 bolt epoxied in that screws into the cameras tripod insert. I can hold the top section, drop the other sections and it goes together by its self. stick it in the ground have camera on it and adjusted ready to take pics in less than a minute. All you have to do is center your/say deer through the view lense and leave enough room for yourself, turn on the timer and start getting photos. Now i wont have to drag my wife out in the woodsWHEN she IS avaliable, and she never saw the need to take 30 pics so i could pic the best ones. If you make one for yourself the three sections are 10" long each and the aluminum sections are 2" long that are epoxied over the carbons. now get to building

You cant loose the pieces

elastic shock cord like a mini tent pole

fits in a pack and weighs the same as an arrow