HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Whitehorn
Fork Horn

Default RE: Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

I would say the colour of the pattern from Predator doesn't matter to the animals but the pattern colour form Predator matters to the hunter.. All of their patterns are equally effective but it makes perfect business sense to vary the colours of the patterns so that Predator sells 2 sets rather than one. And that is the only reason why there is a spring green and fall grey. For the hunter not the hunted.

I used fall gray for 5 years and we primarily are after elk on foot with archery and we are not in tree stands. Fall grey works really well on the ground too, we've had tons of elk come right up closeto us and on theoccasions where we were busted I couldn't blame the camo. Mostly from wind or stupid human noises. I am learning and if I thought it was the camo, I would have replaced. I have seen other hunters with fall grey in the field and it is effective. I have since bought a set from graywolf woolens in fall brown and wolf skin.. Nice to not be in cotton. So why did I get fall brown instead of grey? Well, for one, colour doesn't matter and what the hell.. Its still the pattern, not the colour. Fall grey in an aspen stand is the bomb.