HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow too heavy??
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 08:16 PM
320fpsmathews

Default RE: Arrow too heavy??

all the down-range kinetic energy,weight, or penetration capabilities are worth a hill of beans if the buck jumps the string of your slowpoke[:'(]240fps bow and is in the next county when your 500+gr. log of an arrow finally gets there!!! my 74 lb. switchback xt drives 27" maxima 350's(2"blazers,100gr.tips) which weigh 368gr(a hair under 5gr/lb. of draw weight)I've probably shot 4000 arrows with NO troubles!!!the bow sports a five pin sight with which I can ,with equal ease,hita six inch ring at twenty or sixty yards!! let's see a 54lb. bow with a 500 gr. arrow do that!as for penetration,all four deer I killed last year(two bucks,two does)were clean pass through shots.and none came close to jumping the string!!even at 40 yards!!!!! heavier arrows may be able to "shoot through a dodge engine" but an engine doesn't have the reflexes of a 5yr. old whitetail buck!!!! the new parallel limb bows have much less limb travel and tonsmorebuilt in vibe absorbthan older bow designs,therefore can withstand lighter arrows without damage.shoot a mathews,then we'll talk