HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mr Whitetail ( Larry Wiseshoun ) SP ?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Remnard
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mr Whitetail ( Larry Wiseshoun ) SP ?

ORIGINAL: thommon

I quit watching shows on Whitetail hunting. Tired of it.
If you really want to get lathered up about poor hunters and shooters. Try opening day here in California.
Which is next weekend. The total rifle war will begin next Saturday.
You can sit on a ridge. When the sun comes up you will here 4 shots back to back. A pause. And then 4 more.
When opening morning starts in this State. You have to find a very large rock to hide behind.
And the deer you do see taken. Are dinks. They shoot the first one they see on opening day and go home for the year.

T

Sounds like western New York State. I was up there a few years ago and I never heard a single shot by itself. Every single time a deer was shot at it was a three shot volley. I think that's all they are allowed to load in their shotguns. I heard now they can use rifles up there I hope that's true. Some weird stuff goes on up there. (at least where I was, finger lakes area)

Anyway, Larry weishuhn is a big game biologist. The reason he hunts those guided hunts is he gets them for free and the guide gets exposure on tv. Plus he gets to hunt some primo land. Nothing wrong with that. However if you can't hit a bull in the ass with a base fiddle, you need to start practicing! Seeing as how he's human like most of us here on the forum, he may gets the dreaded "Buck Fever", who knows. Maybe he is shakin' like awhore in church, like the rest of us. Maybe he is pressured to get the shot on film, unlike the rest of us.

If you ask me his eyesight is the issue. His glasses are as think as Coke bottles. Hell, his next prescription will probably be a dog!

I do enjoy watching those shows, but I do DVR them and fast forward through them too. Too many commercials, and they constantly rehash what happened earlier, which is usually nothing. Don't waste my freakin time.

They are good for watchin when you cant be out there yourself, that's all.