Old 09-13-2008, 05:50 PM
bscofield
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thanks Uncle Ted

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

ORIGINAL: rjdumas

This is what I like about ted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv5HJkp5sY0&feature=related
That is the exact reason I don't like him. I will concede he makes good points and I agree with him. However he comes of like a nut. He looks, sounds and acts like a raving lunatic and that is the way many see him. I don't know one person that is on the fence about gun control or hunting that would watch that clip and want to jump to our side. Some would watch that clip and say that is the exact kind of person that should NOT be allowed to own a gun.

You like that because you already feel that way. You see it and go "Tell it Ted!" because you already agree with him. If you don't already feel that way you think "Wow, what nut job" and change the channel. Then again that was probably on his TV show so that message isn't actually get to anyone that isn't already a Ted supporter.

Just read through some of the comments for that video and will what I mean. The only people agreeing with him are people that like Ted in the first place.

There are lots of people that do really great things for hunting, gun control and the NRA that don't go around sounding like deranged lunatics.

Paul
IMO- Only an idiot can't see through his tone of voice and facial expressions to hear the words he's saying (which make great sense). How can you argue with the concept of
a-) allowing police officers to carry weapons nationwide
and
b-) not sending in unarmed or under-armed officers into dangerous situations?

So what you are left with are idiots who only see facial expressions and hear tone of voice... AND since most idiots lean towards liberalism anyway - that's why you get the more popular reaction of an anti (they were liberals to begin with).