HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pics of your Elk kills
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 04:06 PM
HuntNut08

Default RE: Pics of your Elk kills

Hahaha, no I am actually 6'2". He scored 332 1/2. 51 inch main beams and 50 inch spread. His 2's are 19 inches long! He was an old monarch, estimated at 10 or 11. His ivories were worn even with the gumline. Guys, I would have been happy to take any descent bull but to get the chance at one like this is a blessing. He isn't the biggest one on the mountain but he is really nice for the area I hunted. The outfitter I went with is awesome. This is my second hunt with them. Hunting with Jared is more like hunting with a buddy. It's funny because he tries to accomodate me and do all the work (camp duties, carry extra weight in his pack for me, make me sit in a chair while the cook takes care of meals, he wanted me to sit and eat lunch while he started caping and quartering my bull). Not me, I can't take it. Ican't sit back and watch someonedo all the work.I wouldn't let him do it all.I tell you what, if you want to hunt with a knowledgable, hard working, funoutfitter that does his homework then go to www.redtopoutfitters.com I am not affiliated with them. This is an honestreport. His guides are also great. I hunted with 3 of them in the past. Good luck to everyone out there this season! It's almost time to chase whitetasils here now!