HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - trophy ridge nitro is not for targets whats the best 3d sight ?
Old 05-26-2003, 07:19 AM
brian3

Default trophy ridge nitro is not for targets whats the best 3d sight ?

i have been shooting 3-d targets for comp.for year and a half ,im learning all the time about how my bow reacts and trying to tune it in,ive been using the nitro trophy ridge till know,i shoot a hoyt vortec,i think its a great bow ,what ive found is that nitro is a great hunting sight ,but after a lot of shooting it will move on me,
this is not good when your in the middle of a 3-d comp.it seems that it will not take the torqe of a stronge bow after some time, ive been looking at the dead nuts by cooper john,it all metal ,and the nitro is plastic around the sights.i know trophy ridge makes the matrix with dampers but i not sold on it at this point,any help would be great,,i would also like ti know if anybody has an idea on how a bowshooter can learn about his or her bow and fine tuning,my time is limited so ive been looking for books and video tapes,but sime times it gets to technical.
i can say that when your bow is shooting good ,,its a lot of fun ,i just want to be good and know what im doing,,my 5 yr old son cody is shooting bow at 5 to 8 yds
and loves it ,thats what is really cool about this sport unlike a lot of others ,,thanks for your time ,,,,and injoy the outdoors ......brian........