HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's in your daypack? What's back at camp?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:52 AM
BareBack Jack
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's in your daypack? What's back at camp?

Schwald,
Thats the same saw I have but it has the red handle and it's shorter,my hatchet is a gerber.

Nathan,
You don't have to spend BIG bucks on a pair of wool pants,I buy military surplus and Codet.The heavy militay pants run about 20-25 bucks(and cheaper on fleabay)and the Codet wool you can get for 30.I have 3 pair now and 2 on the way.
This is a rifle hunt right?so you won't need camo and jeans do work,I wear them also when the weather permits.What you have to consider(you being from/in Montana)the weather can change on a dime.Just think 4-6 miles on a hunt and the temps go from 60 to 30 wind picks up snow/rain/sleet starts falling,walking through all the trees the jeans get soaked and pretty quick your cold.I know I've done it myself,and at this point jeans SUCK!!!
But hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do,I undrstand the finacial part.
Back up boots if ya got them take them,if not it's probly to late to go get a new pair and break them in.If you need a quick pair and not alot of dough and can just take and use.Check out the Hi-Tec II Hiker(all-leather)I'm on my 3rd pair and I have wore these boots early Sept to Mid-October bow hunting and antelope.They are waterproof(for abit),dry fast,easy to walk 10-15 miles a day.They have been through creeks,snow,rain and sun.They run about 60 bucks.
Good Luck
BBJ