HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's in your daypack? What's back at camp?
Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 PM
sclwald
Fork Horn

Default RE: What's in your daypack? What's back at camp?

Being from Wyoming i would have to back up the suggestion for a saw (NOT GERBER) and at least pack your rain jacket. I refuse after a bad experience with gerber. Look up Wyoming Saw II. Here is a Cabelas link http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0006390514310a&type=product&cm Cat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&%2Fcabelas%2Fcommerce%2FCabelasCa talogNumberFinder.giftCertificateURL=%2Fcabelas%2F en%2Ftemplates%2Fgiftcertificate%2Fgiftcertificate .jsp%3Fid%3D0005586990011a%26podId%3D0005586%26cat alogCode%3DIB%26navAction%3Djump%26indexId%3D& Ntk=Products&QueryText=Wyoming+Saw&sort=al l&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D%3A%2Fcabelas%2Fc ommerce%2FCabelasCatalogNumberFinder.giftCertifica teURL=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcab elas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1They came out a few years with a new style and it is very small and packable and cuts great. It fits in the bottom of my pack laying down. All metal construction.

This may sound mean but I do not mean it that way. If you get a big bull down please start a stop watch when you start to butcher it without a saw. Just curious how good you think you really are. Have you ever shot an elk. Trust me and everyone above. YOU NEED SOME SORT OF SAW!

Also YES you would be jeopordizing your hunt without an extra pair of boots. You don't need to carry them but do leave them in your vehicle.