HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's in your daypack? What's back at camp?
Old 09-10-2008, 05:12 PM
caselesss5
Fork Horn

Default RE: What's in your daypack? What's back at camp?

i wouldnt worry too much about the pants. ive hunted in jeans my entire life and i have never had any problems. and i feel the same way, its hard to justify spending the cash on expensive clothing when i already have what i need.

as far as back up boots i would take them but you can always go back to camp and get a fire going and dry them out or put them next to the heater in the trailer. but if you have back ups you can change boots and be back up on the hill and not waste nearly as much time.

and as far as the weather is concerned you probably wont need your long johns but dont be shocked if you do. never underestimate the weather or how fast it will change. in my october hunts and later i always wear long johns but in september i carry an extra long sleeved shirt and sweatshirt. i will also carry sweat pants. it might sound stupid but if its cold and your on the hill you can put them on under your regular pants or if it rains you can put them on over your pants and then the sweat pants absorb most of the water and then when they get soaked just take them off.