HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - whats the verdict on a .300WSM
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:19 AM
dmitchell28

Default RE: whats the verdict on a .300WSM

I know this is Funny, but I had forgot all about this thread and its been almost a whole year ago since i wrote it but if you guys are still on here and still reading all this. I want to tell you thanks for both of your good information on ballistics on both guns and everything. I put a little bit of thought into my gun before buying. I had heard great things about the 300WSM. but I was going to either get a .270 WSM or the .300WSM. cause we all know, no matter what is said, the .270 is probably one of the best guns you can buy. Its one caliber that you can litterally take anywhere and do anything with. But its like going out and buying a vehicle. You usually dont want to buy a ford f-150, if you know you can get a Ford F-150 Saleen. or a Dodge SRT-10, or a Chevy SS. (that should cover everyone). I have shot my rifle a little more now and I have actually taken it out and shot a box of shells at 300-600 yard shots, just messing around. Just offhand shooting, I was really surprised and excited of the outcome. It shot really smooth, really good for offhand long shots, and honestly after a box of shells, my arm wasnt killing me at all. So the kick or lack their of is good, the only downside is the BOOM. but hey, you buy them nice trucks, you go put flowmasters on it. LOL. So if anyone else is out here wanting to buy a .300wsm, it is a great bun and a good buy. you will be satisfied.