HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Game Comm. Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 02:03 PM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

I agree with your opinion on that the DCNR could be more cooperative with hunters. I am not sure if you ever watched the PCN channel when county reps discuss issues of pertinence with PAGC Executive Director Roe. It is evident that these reps are of the same opinion as most the hunters in the state. It is best summed up by the Schuylkill county rep's statement... 6 years ago he had been appointed to this council and spent the night coming up with a short list of questions related to the PAGC's efforts in wildlife management. 6 years later all the same questions continue to be asked and still no remedy to any of the issues have been implemented.
I asked for others inputs onthese issuesbecause I truly do not know what can be done in order to make the Game Commission want to change for the better. I want change and am willing to do what I am capable of in order to make whatever change possible.As long as the commission is structured the way it is we are at it's mercy or we decide (as a united group) we no longer want to support what we do not believe is working. I am ready, I will spend $125 to hunt in Ohio next year and say screw continuing to fund this current commission. But really, How many others are willing to do the same? Will it even matter, the current lack of sales doesn't seem to concern them enough to take more pro-active measures. Their answer... raise the cost of licensesand punish the remaining hunters they have.