HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wall tent stove question.
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 09:28 PM
DM

Default RE: Wall tent stove question.

ORIGINAL: bugs11

How important is it to have a damper installed in the stove chimney pipe? The stove, from Davis Tents, has a damper on the door; I would think that would be sufficient to control the fire in the stove. I have wood burning stove in my big living room, that stove doesn't have a damper in the chimney. I burn a lot of wood in the winter and have never had any problems, so I'm just questioning the need for a damper in the tent stoves chimney. I'lldefer to the Elk Camp experts. We fired the stove today for the first time, burned off the paint smell and tried out the water heater. The little stove looks like a solid little unit, should keep the tent comfortable in the cold.

One more question for those that use charcoal briquets at night; how many pounds of briquets for 5-6 days? 20-30 lbs?

Thanks in advance and fair warning, I'll be asking more questions.

Bugs.

I'll bet you the stove in your house "is" air tight, and that's why you get away with not having a damper in the pipe. I'll also bet you the stove in the tent "isn't" air tight, so there you have it...

Put one in, so you can turn the stove down, saveing on wood, and not over heat the tent.

DM