HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)
Old 09-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Ken/WV
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

I did a lot of shopping on ebay and on AT classifieds in the past couple weeks. So I have saved on a lot of stuff, but I had the $20 off coupon and I had $100 in rewards points from family and friends using my rewards card...so it wasn't as much as you think or I would like to let on.

I have always felt safe in my climber, and sleep in it regularly once it gets late in the morning. But I have found myself getting lower and lower over the years. I can remember when I was 16-18 I would hunt almost 30ft no harness and no fear. But last year I was only up to 25ft once, and that was with a harness. Usually I was at 18-20ft. Plus I'm married now and the wife says it's time to get a harness, and I see more and more posts about falls on the forums I regularly visit. So I got a new harness and she wears last years harness in her ladder stand now. I still feel safe in my climbers, but I just think it's time to be alittle more responsible. I am not the kind of guy that wants to preach to people about a harness, but I think it's better to be safe then sorry cause anything can happen.

As for the lock on's....I have one but my grandpa uses it because I hate it. I don't mind using it in a big oak full of limbs or something but I hate using it in a tree without limbs and probaly haven't hunted out of it but 1 time in the past three years. My grandpa loves it though...easy in and out and he feels like a million bucks in it. Of coarse he doesn't go over 15ft but still.