HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why I dont like cabelas.
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Dominick
Spike

Default RE: Why I dont like cabelas.

I live in a liberal democratic state that would love to see hunting and gun ownership totally abolished. Alot of you guys don't realize how lucky you have it when it comes to firearms, where in this this state, a Firearms ID Card, drivers license/pictureID and a last minute phone call to the state of NJ is needed to buy a BB or pellet rifle. An extra handgun purchase permit which takes 5 weeks to be processed is required to buy a BB pistol. Same thing with muzzleloaders and centerfires. You can't even go to a shop and handle a 30-06 without producing a Firearms ID card which is also required to purchase ammo. Mom and pop stores in these government controlled states of the NE are just not making it. Its tuff to compete with the large inventory and prices of the big stores in addition to what can be purchased online. Maybe these types of local store are okay in the states where some of you guys live which is great, but here its a different story.

So when I make a trip over to Cabelas in PA, its like makinga trip back in time when owning a firearm was part of a tradition and not a granted privilege by a state. I also purchase alot of stuff on-line from Midsouth and Midwaybut there's nothing like going to a store like Cabelas and seeing everything in person before buying.