HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why I dont like cabelas.
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 05:21 PM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why I dont like cabelas.

ORIGINAL: scott26

As Ihave said before, I will continue to support the locals.I enjoy the atmosphere and knowing my dollar is going to support them and their families. Are all small shops honest and hardworking?? No, obviously not. So I support the ones who are. In the long run, I make back what I spend extra in service and their willingness to go the extra mile to keep me as a loyal customer.

that sums it up. And also the next time you need Minners for Crappie go to Walmart. That extra $20 has helped me many times over when I need Minners.

When I buy minners for Crappie fishing I normally buy 10 dozen per bucket. I normally receive 20 dozen per bucket. When the "Cheapo's" come in to buy minners he has his wife get their minners.And she counts them out exactly. Believe me the small dealers know who their friends and loyal customers are. And that is the biggest problem with Cabela's. You could have just spent $3,000 to $4,000with them, and you are still going to pay to have 100 yards of Vanish put on your crappie reel.

Ihave had my local dealer sell me minners by the pound(which is how he buys them), many times. Especially in the spring. And a lot of times he sells them to me for what he paid for them. But I will always give him a little extra. But then I consider him a friend. I can get water conditions on the phone from him every time. Whether I stop at his store or not. Try that at Walmart or Cabela's!!! Tom.