HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting Certification course a JOKE.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowhunting Certification course a JOKE.

I took the class more years ago then I can remember more on a just because or just in case because PA does not require it. I knew in my future that I would hunt other states that possibly do. That said.

I did find it simplified however if you keep an open mind even a seasoned hunter can learn something. Not unlike these forums. My class was also taught by traditional hunters and yes they were opinionated about modern equipment.

Like a question, "How many of you know the weight of your arrow?". I was the only one of 20 guys that raised his hand and when I mentioned (at the time) my arrows weighed 368 grains, they were appauled and berated me and claimed NO ONE should shoot an arrow under 450 grains but I retaliated with, "that may be true out of your stick bow but my arrows travel 275 fps and I've passed through every animal I shot with it"....they changed the subject.

Again, it was simplified but keep and open mind and you still might pick up some valuable information. Or perhaps teach the instructor something.