HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting Certification course a JOKE.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting Certification course a JOKE.

ORIGINAL: shrewbeer

I attended a mandatory bowhunting certification course..........

In the shooting, only one person other than I shot a group of less than 15 inches at 15 yards, and everyone passed. A handful of people did not even hit the two foot by two foot bag with three shots.
Three hours were spent talking about tree-stand safety, two hours spent discussing ethics, one hour about broadheads and why mechanicals were unethical, and the rest of the time repeating what was already talked about and some miscellaneous information.
Shot placement and how to actually shoot a bow consisted of no more than 20 minutes total.

I guess I am just pissed that it was a complete waste of my time, and that there are a ****load of people who passed that are going to go out in a few weeks and wound a ****load of deer. I have spent probably 9 hours online researching and on this forum, and have learned a hundred times more in that time than I did today.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to tell someone.
So let me get this straight, the instructor actually voiced that he thinks mechanical BH's are unethical, and why, but he didn't think that the shooting of the group was a disgrace to BOWHUNTING???? Somebody needs some ICE, because he bumped his DAMNED head!!!!

IMHO, for a NEW BOWHUNTER, the course would be beneficial. For a seasoned veteran, who has quite a few years under his belt, and understands bowhunting pretty well, it may not be quite as beneficial. I haven't taken the full course, but I completed and on-line test, and it wasn't bad.