HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 7 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 07:21 PM
MrPhotographer06
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 7 Thread

wow..

our bow season starts aug 15th..gun season buck only Sept 1st...doe tags eligible for use Sept 15th... and doe days are first weekend of october..every saturday from then til christmas give or take a few days

i went tonight and saw a doe and fawn... about 75 yards away..

hunting with a slug...

about 7:50PM..10 minutes after sunset.. 50 minutes left to shoot i'm thinking man i need to see one.. since i've seen what i thought were parts..and heard them storming through the woods.. grunts blows.. rattles..never seen one fully...
well i'm leaning back in the stand and thinking and on a scan across the field i see something i havent seen on the thousands of scans i've laid between6:15 and 7:50 and i'm thinking.. woahhh so i slowly grab my binos and put them up to see a doe and a fawn with their ears up lookin at me.. so i ease them back down and just watch in amazement.they came out grazed on some hay [field of hay] then walked across the field broadside.
i tried to see how they'd react to a short rattle with my rattlin sticks/bag w/e.. and they kinda went alert and fast paced walked away down the field

pretty awesome..ready for doe tag season to open =D