HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 06:26 PM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Limbsaver String Silencers. What the heck is wrong.

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I don't know about those supressors but I do know that when one end is wearing while the other isn't the bow is out of balance, in your case the top is doing more of the work and needs to be reduced or the bottom increased.
Both limbs are maxed out and its a single cam system. There is no way that one end is doing more work, as there could be with a binary cam.

I think it is likely the suppressor and nothing else is wrong- as stated in the majority of the replies.
It's got to do with the strength of the limbs not the cams or does the impact point not change if the tiller changes? No matter where the limb bolts areon either limb neither limb does more of the work?

(Not saying this is the way it is) Exagerated the top could have 60 pound limbs and the bottom 70. The bottom will be doing more of the work. The supressor could be causing the imbalance byrobbing strength from the bottom.

I thought they were suppose to eliminate the need for the leechs?

Could be a good thing you didn't remvoe them, they're talking and may reveal a weakness in the setup. Something to explore after the seasons over.