HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lee r.e.a.l. bullets
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Jim22
Spike

Default RE: Lee r.e.a.l. bullets

lonewolf: He was a few months ago but I think he's in the process of moving from Florida to Utah and not casting yet. I know his web site has expired and he's not advertising on ebay like he was.

bronko: I'm using a Lee Production Pot, bottom pour. Followed all the instructions that came with the pot, the mold, and in Richard Lee's Reloading book. Get bad bad wrinkes. Anyhow while doing something else a few minutes ago I ran across a sheet of paper that came with a T/C mould I used to have and according to it my mould is not hot enough or the metal is not hot enough or both. In my case it's probably both. I know the instructions said to melt on position 7 then turn down to around position 6 which should be around 600 degrees. I don't have a termometer so it's just taking their word for it. Anyhow, I think I'll turn up the heat and keep trying. Two questions though if you don't mind. How dark do you smoke the cavities and second, how fast do you pour the lead into the mold? I need to practice raising the knob as it comes out pretty fast . Thanks.