HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To pee or not to pee? That is the question.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:58 AM
cooter144
Typical Buck

Default RE: To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

I don't see why guys take so many measures to be scent free and then pee right under their stand.[&:]

I take a pee canteen!!!
Because it doesn't matter.[&:]I pee from my stand multiple times in one sitting and have never seen any ill effects come from it. Also, I have killed several deer from said stands after doing my business.
Just because you have killed a deer from your stand after you peed doesn't mean that it works everytime. Maybe the deer had the wind behind him etc..

IMHO, I'm betting that deer can possibly distinguish between human pee. My reasoning is that they smell coon pee, deer pee etc.. and if humans are consuming different thingsour pee is likely to smell differently. I'm basing this all on a hunch.

Heck, if you guys really believe this then why take any scent precautions at all? I mean, just pee under you stand and it will mask your scent. I'm not willing to risk a trophy deer on someone's hunch though. However, by not peeing under my stand I don't take a risk at all. Just my 2 cents.
The smell of a persons urine doesn't bother deer.

Heck...When asked about it...Mike Waddell admitted (on a archerytalk chat) that he pee's off his stand all the time and has never seen it bother deer. He has been around his share of MATURE deer.

I used to pee in a bottle for many years but I don't anymore.

I know people that have pissed in scapes and bucks came by that same day and worked em over.