HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why not wear a safety harness??
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 09:11 AM
CarpetBagger
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why not wear a safety harness??

personally i agree with you on this on. I really determine the need to wear a harness depending on the stand i am hunting. I have an oversized ladder stand with foot rests, arm rests, seat, and shooting rest that very honestly you would have to jump out of to fall. I feel very secure in this and only use it duing gun season.

For archery season however, we hunt alot smaller standsthat are primarily open for 300degrees ofshootingand a few of them are hang ons... Personally being 250lbs and only being held in a tree by a 1" nylon strap that has been outside in the elements for a few weeks just never set right with me....Even the ladder stands with no arm rests are kinda hairy for me to be up in...especially when that big buck comes walking in to you. Its nice to know that if i make a wrong step, turn just a little too far, or even lean outof the standto get a better shot that i am secure to that tree and will not be hurt if i lose my balance.

The harness simply makes you even more effective in the tree and gives you the confidence to make the shot not to mention it can save your arms, legs, back, and possibly life if you take a tumble...

I finally broke down and got the HSS this year. I wont stand hunt without it.