HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)
Old 08-31-2008, 05:17 PM
MKMGOBL
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)

I was out last night trying to get in my two finally nights of spotting in before it's closed onSept 1stand I hit the jackpot!! I saw a deer with its head down about 100 yards out in a clover field feeding. I knew it was a big body deer so I had to turn around and check it out. I went back to get a better look and it still wouldn't lift its head. When it finally did lift its head up, I was absolutely blown away!!! Now I've seen and taken plenty of P&Y bucks over the years and pretty much know how to judge racks when I see them. This guy is defiantly a 140 to 150 class bruiser!!!! This morning I was up and out early relocating two of my stands over to this guy's neck of the woods. I'm getting pretty excited about hopefully seeing this guy walking within my bow range this fall. If he does, he'll be one heck of an archery buck for NH and huge bonus if I get it all on film.

I've never hunted this block of woodsbut from what I found this morning and where I saw him last night, I'm in the right spot. I wish sure wish I had some trail camera photostoshare but I did know he was around until last night. The other bucks in this clover field I've seen spot lighting were just OK (kind a like the video buck I posted) so I never really paid much attention to this spot. I figured I'd wait another season beforegoing in and hunting it but things have changed as of last night. The hunts on in 15 days and a wake up