HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HOW TO START YOUR OWN HUNTING SHOW
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 06:21 PM
David Hughes
Fork Horn

Default RE: HOW TO START YOUR OWN HUNTING SHOW

I just found this forum today and wanted to give my 2 cents worth. I have a BOS degree, majoring in Mass communication/ television production. I didn't pursue a career in in TV after graduation but I came away from college knowing what really matters is content. You can get good quality footage out of a $3000.00 camera that rivals the $30,000.00- $40,000.00 high 8's or betas that we use to use...not to mention the hundreds of thousands dollars in equipment that it took to edit the footage. With so many people able to produce videos the real challenge is to come up with something that stands out from the others.

Regardless of how you feel about Tred Barta, his productions are captivating because they are the real deal. He does public land hunting, goes fishing with 3 lures and not 100 of every kind because 3 is all hecan afford. He makes entire shows from one hunt. You don't need to have a kill every 2-3 minutes to make a good quality show. Think about what you want to relate to your audience and develop a creative process to give them what they want. Seeing 10 monster bucks killed in one video is fun for a while. Most of the hunters don't have the prime hunting ground and land management that the Prime time or Drury boys have. My advice "Make it Real". You'll have at least one fan...Me. LOL