HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hog Kill With .17 cal Air Rifle
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 PM
BUTCHER45
Spike

Default RE: Hog Kill With .17 cal Air Rifle

OK when are people going to see thru this crap....

First off that hog looked like it was tied to the spot he was standing.

Second, was that hog killed, or stunned? That pellet only weights like 6 grains.

Third, how many hogs did they have to shoot to get that footage? My guess is a whole lot of them.

Consider those alloy pellets have not shown to be accurate for ANYONE, and have a reputation amongst airgunners for being absolute JUNK.

I have seen other Gamo footage of a hog being shot with a .177 with those piddly alloy pellets at a distance of about 5 yards. Probably tied-up. You see the hog go down, then hear it grunt a couple seconds later. Ever heard a brainshot hog grunt? Maybe that's why they don't show it so much anymore.

I have seen video of hogs shot in the jaw with a .22 air rifle that went down like they were brained, to get-up a couple seconds later and take off into the woods.

Gamo takes the prize for the most ir-responsible air rifle company there is.

There are air rifles up to the task of hog hunting under LIMITED circumstances (short range,ideal brain-shot opportunity).The Gamo is NOT one of them. Not even close.

If you go after hogs with an airgun, make it a SamYang .45, or a DAQ and take brainshots at close rangeONLY!

SamYang 2tube909 modded by BGMF
228grain SWC going 700fps

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x65/butcher45/Headshot.jpg