HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ground Blind?????
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 12:19 PM
minnesotadeer
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ground Blind?????

Depending on how much you have to spend, you can get a nice matrix style hunting blind for $150-$200 with the right features, maybe cheaper with sales going on. I have several ground blinds but the one I like the most is my Ground Max Deluxe. I'm not sure another blind out there besides this one and Double Bull's models allow you to silently adjust the windows from the INSIDE, which you need while hunting from the ground. But I haven't shopped for them for a while so others may now.

Like Kevin1 said, I think the key would be to brush or blend it into the landscape well. Think like a deer and walk the trail pre-season to figure out spots where the deer won't notice the blind until he's just about in range without spooking or suprising him at the same time. Also, window openings are huge. All of the pictures in these hunting magazines show guys sitting inside with all of the windows open. There is no way you could do that and not get busted. It's like sitting in a screen house. Keep the minimum number of windows open or in the case of a DB, open as narrowly as possible.