HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - nonhunting son
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 04:20 AM
gregrn43
Nontypical Buck

Default nonhunting son

Im 43 years old and have been in love with hunting since i can remember. I grew up like most kids i guess rabbit and squirrel hunting. When i got older about 13, an uncle introduced me to deer hunting,because my dad never hunted. I was hooked from that point on, shot my first deer when i was 15. I have a son now that is 16 and I have tried all the tactics that i know to get him interested in hunting. When he was younger i would take him out squirrel hunting for only a short period of time so he would get bored or to tired. Ive tried to get him to shoot guns or bows with me, no luck there either. Him and me have a very good relationship,we ride 4 wheelers together, fish together. Im just at a loss of what else to try to get him to want to go hunting. The one thing i never do is try to push him into hunting. A friend of mine done that with his son when he was young now he is 20 and will not step foot in the woods. I just thought some hunting dads out there might have some ideas that i havent tried yet? I would certainly appreciate any advice any of you folks might have.