HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Never been so scared in my life!
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 06:33 PM
AF Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Never been so scared in my life!

Years ago, while in Tennessee, a few friends and I went into the Smokie Mountains for the day. Along the way we saw a sow with two cubs and one of the guys jumped out of the jeep and said he was going to get a picture. We advised him not to do that, but he wanted the picture really bad. He headed into the woods and found the sow and cubs. When he took the picture, his flash went off and the sow did not appreciate the perceived threat. He came flying out of the woods and sprinted the 200 yards to the jeep. When he came out of the woods, the sow was about 50 yards behind him. When he jumped in the jeep, she wasn't more than 10 yards away. I really think if she wanted to catch him, she probably could have. The hilarious part of this was that in his excitement, he had his finger over the lens! The moral of this story is "If you have an IQ higher than driftwood, NEVER get close to a sow with cubs."
I wish I would have had a camcorder for that event. Thinking of it still makes me laugh at the nimrod who wanted a picture of "mommy bear and her babies".