HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Montech's or the Rage???
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Kathwacckkk
Fork Horn

Default RE: Montech's or the Rage???

Seems like the Monotec is working for you. I have not shot the Rage broadhead, but did use the Snyper for many years (similiar design with rear opening blades). My main gripe for this type of expandable is the way the blades set against the broadhead when resting. I stalk through some pretty heavy cover and the bow is sometimes held down along my leg facing backwards.A couple times I have had branches get hooked on the blades and pull them into the open position. I have always caught this before trying to take a shot. My concern was what if I had to snap shoot at a large buck,a blade was open and I did not catch it before shooting? I tested open blade shooting at my range (1 blade open, then two)andhad less then desirable at 20 yards. 2 feet from my intended target with one blade open. I figured if I was going to stalk in heavy cover, then a fixed would be a better choice as I do not have to worry about them.

The good: From a treestand where no braches would hit the blades, the flew straight and damage was impressive.