HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SWD Back in Arkansas
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 11:02 AM
jakelogsdon
Fork Horn

Default RE: SWD Back in Arkansas

ORIGINAL: GordonGekko
Okay, I'm going back on my word here. I will try my best to remain civil. First, let me say I agree with pretty much everything else that you posted, we do need to focus on other areas as well. However, I am a bit confused by the quoted statement. I assume you're talking about harvest numbers having declined? I am not sure I see the logical connection between a lower harvest and the spinner ban being inneffective. In fact a lower harvest would seem to indicate the ban might have had some effect. Or are there other "numbers you are talking about" i.e. bird count numbers? I am not sure how a lower bird count would show thatthe ban was inneffective though.
First, let me say that Money talks and BS walks. Thats what their sayn on Arkansashunting.net. That is the biggest problem.
Also I didn't necessarily agree or disagree with the SWD ban in the first place. It seemed like there were good intentions, like there always seems to be. But it proved to have no effect one way or the other if you ask me. Harvest number have declined overall (not because of the SWD ban), and the bird count has been dropping dramatically as well. I wish I knew were the focus of attention needed to be pointed, but I don't. I do know that we as hunters are always the ones that suffer with regs changes. Help the birds, don't kill the hunters.