HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official America's Team Thread (19)
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 07:02 AM
wihunter402
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

This property is in the edge of the CWD zone in Wisconsin. We have quiet a varity of neighbors out here. We have one that has 60 acres that allows NO hunting at all for anything. We have one that has about 200 acres that only shoots a couple nice bucks every year and won't shoot a doe. (yes he does not follow the laws but he lives there and I am not going to say anything and get him upset with us.) Another owns 80 and leases out the farming rights and they "ag tag" 20 to 30 deer (bucks, does and fawns) every year.[:'(] Then another that has about 300 that also does not believe in shooting does but will shoot ANY buck 3" or longer.

Biggest thing we have found is the early season gun hunt really hurts us. We have seen lots of daytime deer activity until that Oct 16-19 (this year) gun hunt. Then everything slows way down and we don't see any where near the numbers. The DNR has changed it this year to be a doe only 4 day hunt gun or bow. In the past if you had earned 10 buck tags you could shoot 10 bucks during this early season. Just crazy.

Don't get me wrong on all this. There are a lot of deer out here. My wife and I went to the cabin one night about 4 weeks ago and watched 19 different deer in about a 30 acre part of our property. One small spike buck and the rest all does and fawns.