HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Getting ELKY yet?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 10:16 PM
muley699

Default RE: Getting ELKY yet?

ORIGINAL: Rammer

I wish ya luck there Muley! We are hoping to get at least one bull down! Thats our goal anyways, I'm actually pretty glad I didn't draw. This will be a good learning trip for us all. I'm just trying to figure out what I am forgetting.

I have an external frame pack, a Badlands 2200, a Blackawk day pack, lotsa different elk bugles, cow calls, etc. I have 2 good GPSs a compass, a real good headlamp, 2 real good lightweight Pelican flashlights, a Kimber 45 for the side, and a bunch of layering clothes and warm weather clothes.....

If you can think of anything I might be forgetting, let me know! Thanks.
The most important thing you can bring is "forest money" AKA toilet paper. TP is in the back country like cigarettes are in jail.......er, not that i know about jail.[&:] Also, a pack of heartburn tablets, a wipe for the binos, cotton balls smeared with vasoline, they will lite even if dropped in water. I don't use water tablets, but you might want to. Also, chap stick is a good idea. Some elbow length skinning latex gloves are a must. Just some items a lot of people don't relly think of, did I mention TP?