HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SWD Back in Arkansas
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 10:09 PM
jakelogsdon
Fork Horn

Default RE: SWD Back in Arkansas

ORIGINAL: GordonGekko

I am going to only make one statement, because I'd rather not get kicked off this website.... This change (spinners) is a prime example of game regulations being a reflection of political pressure rather than any concern for conservation. The state of Arkansas cannot ever cry "conservation" again, in my opinion. According to the state theoriginal ban wasmade in the interest of conservation, and nothing has changed to give them a basis to repeal that ban except for political pressure.
The concern for conservation is there, however the SWD ban was not the way to go. The numbers in Arkansas have steadily gone down over the past three years. If that is the case the SWD ban had no effect whatsoever as far as conservations goes. So why continue it? They need to focus on other issues habitat related, food related, predation related. Another problem we face is, the regs that are proposed and writen. We the hunters, the people have no say in the matter whatsoever. They are put together entirely by fresh out of college biologists who haven't spent more than a minute in a pair of waders in the feild. They look at some numbers collect some data put it in a model, then make a powerpoint presentation and show it in a meeting with all the commissioners. They see this computer model predicting how the new regulations will help the numbers, And they all vote for it. But in the real world these computer models don't work too well. One small inaccuracy in the data entered in one of these models can change the whole outcome of the prediction. We are facing some big problems in the near future, mark my words.