HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - THE MONSTER THAT GOT AWAY... (PICTURE INCLUDED)
Old 08-25-2008, 10:37 AM
TexasOaks
Nontypical Buck

Default THE MONSTER THAT GOT AWAY... (PICTURE INCLUDED)

I have to share this story because its part of bowhunting... I tell the story because I took the picture for him and he didn't have time to post it, the story starts out like this, my brotherwent out to the stand like every other day (I was in Dentonstudying for a big test I had at UNT). I get thisphonecall (I had beenwaiting anxiously for an update), Icould hear the excitement, he said it was the bestday and the worst dayall inone. He said hehad ahuge buck come in across the food plot butstopped behind atree where he couldn't take an ethical shot.He need just four more steps, but the buckdecided to turn around and head back into the woods.He said if he had a gun he would be on our wall not our neighbors but he just couldn't get a shot off with a bow (it was opening gun weekend too).The next week talking toourother neighbor, said our neighbor hadjust shot a huge buck and he went todescribe it and weknew that was the one my brother saw. Theyjust got themount back and here is the picture with my brother: