HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tresspassing to find a mortally wounded animal
Old 08-25-2008, 09:54 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tresspassing to find a mortally wounded animal

Sure every hunter has the right to make best possible effort to retrieve a wounded animal but even in WI and MN you have to get the landowners permission. You can not just cross onto the property. You can how ever contact the DNR and they can make sure that you can get in. More times out of none, if you show up with enforcement, the landowner usually doesnt say much.

ORIGINAL: mconwa951

I was jsut watching Babe Winkleman and he shot a buck in Wisconsin and the buck crossed the property line and they went and asked the neighbor for permission to go get it and the guy said no. Now in MN and WI I know there is a legal right to go onto the property to recover the animal. Babe chose to obey the owners wishes and no follow the animala little while later (week or so)someone found it on this guys land less than 100yd past the fence.

I don't want to discuss the TV show thing we all know how people feel about that. My question is what would you do would you go get the animal or not.