HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA
Old 08-22-2008, 04:52 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

Fred Bear 45# and I can't for the life of me remember the name Whitetail???. Used to whap my arm when I had no forearm leather tied on.FinnalyMom made Dad buy me a finger glove to shoot as my fingers were getting beat to hell pulling that string. I was young and stupid, would climb up any tree no matter what size and try and shoot adeer while the tree was blowing around. Took about 20 arrows hunting w/me old wood ones w a Razorheads on most, but practice heads on others. Would shoot ranges w/ the practice heads so I knew what was too far. Remember smoothing those feathers back and my Dad giving me al the old beat ones. Finnaly met an old man who showed me how to put new on, that old man let me use his gear and earn feathers to out on my arrows. Wasn't any technology involved just plain practice on the straw bales in the back yard. Mud was camo on the face and Woolrich was the only hunting closthes I wore. Sorry that was a quick trip down memory lane for ,me!
fred bear made 45# bow back in 1969 that was called WHITETAIL HUNTER.
my bear 45 # which was best all around pull weight on bow then.

ben pearson also made one called HUNTER then ,it was very short and one of best for shooting out of tree.

you most likely remember the ZEBRA white/black color fred used on his bows then.