HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .45 Kodiak, BH209, CR & 200 SW WOW!!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 12:39 PM
frontier gander

Default RE: .45 Kodiak, BH209, CR & 200 SW WOW!!

Try a 275gr Aerotip with 80gr pyrodex RS. A 225 Aerotip with 80gr RS. Theres nothing wrong with shooting a 300gr platinum.

If you dont have the range time to work up an accurate load, I'd be more than happy to have you send it to me for me to take a look at and find an accurate load for you. I'll supply the bullets and powder from my own stash.
Lots of times its just not having the range time or patience to find the perfect load that the rifle likes.
Let me know if you are interested in letting me get that rifle going for you. I seem to have the "Magic touch" with CVA rifles
ORIGINAL: walmpus

Hello all,

I am new to this forum, but have been involved in ML for several years now. I am glad to see someone is having luck with a .45 CVA. I always wanted a .45 and not many companies make them anymore, so when I came across a CVA .45 Kodiak I jumped on it. Nice price and couldn't pass it up. Had problems with it so I sent it in and was told it was fixed. Took it to the range......same problem. They sent me a new gun instantly, which to my suprise, was an upgrade. They sent me a nickel finish camo stock, shooters pack, tools, ect.......Really good customer service. Well, anyway..........had this .45 for over a year and can not get any better than 6-8 inch groups. I shoot 100 grains of powder and never above that.....no need to for me. I have tried everything from 175 to 275 grain bullets in powerbelts, Hornady SST, Shockwaves, XTP's....Tried different primers (including the primer adapter kit from PR Bullets).....just plain no luck. I am kinda confused about something though.........in the shooters pack they sent me 225 grain powerbelts, but the factory recommend load according to CVA is 100 grains of powder with a 275 grain powerbelt? Makes no sense to me. So I called them and they told me to try the 300 grain platnum series powerbelt. I dont really want to shoot a bullet that big. I have just NEVER had this much trouble with a ML. I guess I will have to start from scratch again.............unless someone really understands the CVA Kodiak I would be glad to listen. Just as a side note........I bought this one because it was a .45 and an inline and I wanted to use 2 pellets and bullet just to keep things simple.Boy am I one frustrated ML fan!

Walmpus