HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Hoyt_Viper
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 28 Thread

ORIGINAL: BPBowhunter

Hunt some very good private property in Central PA, we have a smallish food plot outabout 1 acre of soy beans and corn and from the looks of things it's takin a beating from the deer. Have a couple of game cam's out as well and we have seen several bucks, and I also have see what I will call my target buck so far.
Im glad somebody is doing well with their food plot. I worked my butt off to get my see in the ground in early spring. I have about 3/4 of WI Imperial Clover with Alpha Rack mix and 1/2 acre of just Alpha Rack. Havent had a drop of rain in over a month! I had to take two 55 gallon drums of water from my house and a sump pump and generator with garden hose to water them down last week. 110 gallons was a tease for them! It is still a dry forecast for the next week here so it looks like that will be my only method of any kind of irrigation! The neighboring AG fields with corn and beans are brown and dying fast! I have supplemented with about 200#'s of deer corn spread out in hot spots.

You are only a state away, how are you able to have anything growing? Send us some of that RAIN!