HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - blown scope, lead sled to blame?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 12:16 AM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: blown scope, lead sled to blame?

I have a Leupold 4.5X14 on my Knight LRH. It has the B&C reticle, which as you know is very close to the BP reticle. I have spent a lot of time working with the reticle, but it has worked out well. I set the power to 14X. The crosshair is dead on at 100 yards. Then the first crosshair downis on at 150. The second crosshair is dead on at 200 yards. And the third one down is a touch high at 225 yards.

It has taken a lot of powder and time to get this rifle shooting the way I want it. But this cross hair has worked out great for me. But it was not easy. However it takes a good accurate rifle and load before you canachieve results like this. I shoot the Barnes 250 grain TMZ bullet in front of 120 grains of loose 3F Triple 7. Whatever you do, please do not tell those guys on the reloading forum that I shoot those expensive Barnes bullets. Or I will never hear the end of it. Especially since I bash the expensive Barnes rifle bullets so much. However as soon as Ground Hog season is over I am going to try and work up a good load for a cast bullet. I have a few good 50 caliber molds. Tom.