HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 11 yr old son lays the smack down (pic)
Old 08-20-2008, 11:55 PM
zrexpilot
Nontypical Buck

Default 11 yr old son lays the smack down (pic)

My son Mat hasnt been huning with me much lately, he just doesnt want too.
Well this past week he says hes in the mood. We do a 4 day marathon and he hangs with me the whole time. We did6 hours in the stand the other night, all the way till 2am, and nothing.
I think this made him even more determined to get a hog. Well this evening we hunt a new stand and location I just setup 2 days ago, that he even helped me with. 1 Hour before sunset we have two hogs cross to our left with no shot oportunity, I tell him to hang on I bet they come back out. we saw them moving through the woods behind us and make it back out into the sendero on our right, I get him setup on the shootin sticks, I tell him to take the smaller one and put it right in the ear. Well he was off his mark a bit, but effective none the less. Neck shot him through the jugglers.She dropped right there and kicked a few times and then gets up and stumbles off, oh crap I say, we give her a minute or two and began tracking. Mat was on blood like a hound, maybe my sight is not so good anymore but he tracked her up in no time. 30 yds in the woods was all she went and was fully expired.
.22 hornet 45 gr HP's.50 yds. shot
Its just the trigger on this gun that needs some help, specially if he is going to be using it, I know that is what caused him to be off a bit. This was his first kill with the Hornet, and the first time I have him try and make a precision shot, he usually uses my .243 and I have him put it behind the shoulder.
but anyways heres his hog a 100lb'er