HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food Plot Help....
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 08:11 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Food Plot Help....

Try a mixture of brassicas,clover,wheat and turnips.....the brassicas and turnips will do good in the fall,the wheat should last all winter and the clover may take hold and last for several years.Then you can move the food plot over a few feet/yards after a year or 2 if the clover does well and make another food plot.I've also frost seeded the Whitetail Institute clover,the Pennington Clover Trioand Red Clover in the early spring and it has done really well along the field edges,logging roadsand tree lines along the open fields!

We are planting several Food Plots this weekend and we are planting 1/2 of the larger food plots in wheat then the other 1/2 I have several types of seeds to mix in to see what works the best!I have 5 lbs of purple top turnips seeds,2 lbs of Cow Peas,16 lbs of Secret Spot,5 lbs of Hot Spot,5 lbs of Thro & Gro,5 lbs of Shot Plot and 20 lbs of Green Patch Plus.Lots of Rape Seed in there,brassicas,all types of clovers,wheat and oats and several other types of seeds.