HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trail Camera's ..Do They Take the "Hunt" out of Hunting?
Old 08-20-2008, 01:43 PM
npaden
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trail Camera's ..Do They Take the "Hunt" out of Hunting?

If it takes the hunt out of hunting where do I sign upso I can guarantee that I will even seethe 2 mature bucks that I've got pictures of this summer when hunting season comes around and I have a gun in my hand?

I kind of agree that it puts the hunt into hunting. Without the cameras I would most likely shoot the first decent buck I saw and then go home completely oblivious to the fact that there are a couple really nice bucks that might be out there somewhere on my property. With the cameras I will be passing on any buck I see other than the 2 on my hit list or if another monster just happens to come through during the rut. I will probably spend more time hunting this year because the cameras have been out there all year already. If the camera is a good indicator these two bucks will be out during daylight hours 1 time in a 2 week period and they may even go even more nocturnal as hunting season approaches.